Friday, January 13, 2012
Life. What can you do?
The greatest impact so far since the last time that I have truely written about my everyday life is my parents divorce. Yep , I said it! The inevitable "D" word! I don't say this because I want a sympathy party, because truely I don't. To be honest I don't know why I am writing about this. Anyways it happened and life goes on. I thought that I would be devastated or even cry myself to sleep over it, but I didn't. Disappointing isn't it? I wonder if this makes me a heartless person? On top of that I sit and think that my parents were made to be seperated. Its kind of like on those soap operas (yeah I just went there) when the couple is going through this massive, overly dramatic divorce battle and all they can really say is "It just didn't work out.", is basically what I can say for what happened between my parents. Or thats what I like to think when I'm not blaming my parents divorce on myself (remember that trip to Samoa, yep thats a whole new story for another time). Anyways because of the divorce I inherited the responsibilities of what dad's usually do and then some. Paying the mortgage and other bills, driving the kids around, attending parent teacher conferences, taking the cars to get them fixed, etc. As busy and hectic as my days are EVERYDAY has been rewarding. There are days just like a real parent where I get frustrated, overwhelmed, and heck I even cry myself to sleepbut what can I do? I just came to the conclusion to just keep going. There is no other choice. It's either give up, throw the towel in and watch others suffer because of your choices OR you can keep going and hope that better days will come quickly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment