Saturday, January 21, 2012

Death.

A 5 letter word that definitely knows how to make its presence known.

Its reaching that year mark where I lost a dear cousin. I would even go so much as saying I lost a sister. Would I be considered a selfish person in saying that knowing that I don't share the same parents or siblings? Anyways, 1-26-2011. A day that shook up my life. This wasn't my first death in my family but it hit me more than I expected. Even to this day I find myself randomly tearing up remembering her. Now would definitely be one of those times. I remember most everything that happened when I got the news: where I was, what I was doing, how I reacted. Its kind of like when something major happens, say 9-11 for instance where you remember the small details that you usuallly wouldn't pay any mind to. I came across a post that I had written when my family and I had returned back to Utah from the funeral.


A Blessing In Disguise
49 weeks ago

It's funny what a death in the family can do. Dealing with a death especially when its someone dear to your heart is something no one expects or wants to happen. As I dealt with the loss of a dear cousin a lot of questions came up as we approached the day of her funeral service. Why? being the common one. But being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints brought a lot of comfort not only to me but also many other friends and family members. To know that we WILL see her again is an amazing blessing within itself. The day that she died no longer became the day that we lost our dear cousin but the day that she went back home to Jesus! She died happy and we wouldn't of had that any other way.The day of her services to have her brothers go up and say that they KNOW that they'll see her again strengthened my testimony. Even to this day...a week after her funeral I still see blessings happen. I hear that a lot of non-members or those members that haven't been to church in awhile are now asking the address to the churches. I love her and I KNOW that I'll see her again! My family is forever and I wouldn't have it any other way...

A year later I still feel the same way. I love my family and all they have to offer. We're not perfect by any mean but I guess that's where we learn and grow together.

No comments:

Post a Comment